There aren't many days when I get uninterrupted quality crafting time but yesterday was one of those days. Ignoring the housework, I headed for the attic and spent an inky morning making a little tag.
I wanted very soft colours and opted for muted leaf greens and pale blues. Then the layering began.
I used a combination of die cuts and punches to add texture and interest. The stamp used was from Darkroom Door which is one of the very few images of women I have in my stamp stash and this needed a feminine touch!
Love those colours!
From this angle it looks like a crazy muddle...and because less isn't more I added buttons.
There are actually two tags, the top one was die cut was stuck on top of the other one which was left whole, covered with a sheet of words and painted.
The final tag. The tricky thing with these sorts of deceptively simple projects is getting the right balance between layers, texture, depth and interest...and keeping the look uncluttered.