Saturday 24 October 2015

Raspberry and Amaretti Crunch Cake


Oh my this is good cake! It's a ridiculous thing to have made as I'm home alone this weekend and the dog doesn't like raspberries. My excuse is I'm testing it to see how long it remains nice to eat. It makes up very quickly, just whizz up some flour, eggs, sugar, ground almonds and butter then layer in a cake tin with raspberries and amaretti biscuits but be warned, it cooks low and slow. If you search for it on the BBC Good Food website (use the name from the title above) it will tell you to bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Mine took 1 hour 40 but it filled the kitchen with the welcoming smell of baking after a long wet afternoon walk. As I was sampling a slice, I got around to a little project I've seen a lot of on Pinterest.
I've seen a lot of mini hoops with embroidered christmas motifs. So, I bought some threads in smokey blue and silvery colours and drew a little design. I'll let you know how it goes. I managed to buy the threads because today for the first time, I abandoned the dog for 3 hours and went to town. It was lovely but I won't lie, there was guilt. During the week, I work upstairs in a little back office so the puppy knows I'm around even though I might ignore him for 2 hours. I hadn't actually left the house until this morning. He has a crate, loads of toys, water and the run of the kitchen so although my sensible brain knew he had all he needed, my puppy brain was beating me up about it. He was fine but I was greeted with....
Thank goodness you're home! Someone has eaten all the fluffy off the tennis ball.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good thing - I actually have amaretti biscuits which I don't like on their own (too hard) and some frozen fresh raspberries. Will have to give this a go, and use your timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out! I agree about amaretti being too hard and cos I have some left over, I may try making this cake again with caramelised apple. I'm willing to risk a squishy mess :)

      Delete
  2. You should enbroider the hound using those threads .. good match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should enbroider the hound using those threads .. good match!

    ReplyDelete