Tuesday 27 March 2012

More Raw

Before I tell you about the latest raw food experiments, I thought I'd share some of what I learned to make on my recent Crochet Workshop.  We started off making little round flowers but the number of petals varied depending on how closely we had been paying attention.  Once we'd mastered that we made dual layer flowers which I discovered are quite difficult to photograph!  I've got one more project started at the workshop which I'll finish and post later this week.  I hope :)  In the meantime, below is my finished flower ready to be attached to a scrapbook page.

It's been a lot calmer in the Week Day Home, no work travels for me this week so I've had some lovely evening time to try out some more "raw" recipes.  The first is for dairy, gluten and refined sugar free vegan raw chocolate brownies courtesy of http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-brownie-recipe and these are genuinely gorgeous!  

And this is raw rice made from cauliflower.  I didn't think it sounded thrilling when I read the recipe but I was big time wrong!  This makes such a wonderful, clean tasting savoury rice that I prefer it to the cooked version.  And it only takes a few minutes to blitz in a food processor and add the other ingredients!  It's the second time I've made it because it's a good lunch box meal to take into work.  The recipe is by Solla an Icelandic raw food chef and to make it more substantial and more colourful she adds goji berries.  Solla offers a free e-book to download on her site which includes the rice recipe http://www.rawsolla.com/  


No comments:

Post a Comment