Monday 2 April 2012

Fresh Crochet Colours

I've been looking for a fresh colour range to liven up the Week Day Home and after some experimental crochet, I think I've found the mix which makes me smile.  The wool is a slightly variegated cotton from Rico  called Fashion Iro.  I've got a light and a dark green and a dusky peachy/pink in the mix.  I'm now trying to decide if I need a darker or light pink as well so I have four colours to play with.  I found an easy hexagon pattern which I can do and have been churning out these little beauties all weekend :)  I can nearly remember the pattern without having to refer to a bit of paper!  If I make 188 (how many?!?)  hexagons they will make a huge throw, enough to bring BIG spring cheer into the home.  It's an ideal project to carry around with me on my travels because my 6 Ball Blanket has become too large to chuck into a handbag and almost needs it's own overnight bag.  I can't wait to have enough hexagons to piece together to get an idea of how the colours and shapes will work together!




No comments:

Post a Comment