Saturday 2 July 2016

Mixed Media Notebook Cover


The company I work for are updating their logo so that meant a goodie bag for us all with a pen and security tag in the new colours.  And a notebook.  I felt in serious danger of being corporatised, so took urgent action.  I adopted a slap it on approach with a base of gesso x 2, some printed tissue, fabric, lace, textured paste, spray inks and then added lots of detail.  Once the glue gun is out, it's difficult to know when to stop.
 Use embossing powders to add an aged effect.
Have a dig around in your stash to use up some of those left overs from other projects.  Pins, buttons, lace, bus tickets, pieces of corrugated card and beads can all be layered up.



This book has already been claimed by a colleague.  I'll swop it for her still logo'd notebook and play with some winter themed book cover ideas.  Yes, we've passed the longest day now so I can legitimately think about winter.  My excuse is that when I was designing projects for magazines we worked 4-5 months ahead to meet deadlines and I haven't got used to seasonal crafting!
See how it's done below and have a go yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment