Sunday 10 July 2016

How to age an embossed card

Here's a really nice and simple way to get more from your embossing folders and make a sophisticated card.  I don't have many folders and rarely use them other than to add texture to a card background.  It wasn't enough.  I wanted more.  So after some playing around with different techniques and not being happy with any of them I accidentally put my ink pad down the wrong way up on a piece of embossed card and tah day!  This will make your backgrounds look old and antiques and having tried a few different colours of card found the grey and white worked really well together.  If you have a white ink pad, you can do this.  There is some gold embossing powder added too and in the video below the picture, I show you how to do that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment