Wednesday 22 February 2012

Quilting Woes

What do you do when you fall out of love with a project?  My first two quilts were a real pleasure to make at each stage but my current quilt has taken forever and it's still not finished.  I think the problem is that I just don't love it any more.  That's not the quilt's fault of course, I've just developed a bad attitude to it and haven't done any homework on it since my last sewing class.  (Can you sense the Grumpiness?)  

I had experimented with union jacks before in a smaller size but scaling that up even to a smallish sized quilt has been a head scratching exercise!  Perhaps the process of adding the quilting will be soothing and I'll get my mojo back again.  Or perhaps I'll allow myself to get a little bit distracted by a cute bottle I've just washed up....


Yup, a bit of lace left over from something else, some beads, a bit of green yarn to string through the top border and some cheery daffodils to make it look like spring has arrived in the Week Day Home.


Simple, but jolly!


1 comment:

  1. That lacey trim is gorgeous! Perhaps some clever quilting on the Jack might reignite your passion. Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog. I couldn't reply directly to your comment as you are showing as a 'no reply comment blogger'. If you change the default settings in Blogger folks will be able to reply directly to you from their email. Have a fab day! Jxo

    ReplyDelete