Sunday 11 September 2016

Fallen Leaves Background - Mixed Media Tag

This is a very quick little tag I made using some the the lovely Fresco Paints from Paperartsy, a cut out tree I found as an SVG file for the Brother Scan and Cut (although I would have used a bare tree branch stamp if I'd had one) and some Nuvo gold paste through a leafy stencil.  The idea was to focus on creating a background using a palette knife instead of a brush to apply paint.
In this tag I blobbed 4 different colours of paint directly onto the card including one very light and one quite dark to give range and depth.  You can mix it up as much as you like but the less you move it around, the more "blocky" the paint will appear.  In the first sample below, I used the same colours as above but worked them a little more.


These samples use different colours just to show you the varying effects you can get.




I love that blue and silver.  I need to use that in a project!!
Here's the video showing my twirly palette knife style....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment