Monday 29 August 2016

One stamp - 3 uses

As the colours of the landscape drift into olive, cinnamon and apricot, I want to use those colours in all my projects at the moment.  Because I wanted to focus on the colours rather than the stamp, I took one stamp and used it in a different way in each of the three cards below.  The first features my favourite way of applying gold!  The effect is like gilding and shimmers beautifully.  The background uses two colours of brusho pigmented powders and the video at the end shows how.
 The finished card was layered onto a really thin border of red, then onto gold mire card.
 See the shiney!

The second card was an experiment.  I used a Brother scan and cut to scan in the black stamped image.  Then, I expanded it slightly and cut it out for use as a stencil to puff distress pen inks through.  A flower made up of some shapes left over from other projects completed the card.

Finally, I took the stencil and brayered some gorgeous shimmery paints over it.  It was then layered onto some plain while card to really set off the colours and I added a happy birthday sentiment created in word art and printed onto plain card.  I ran this through the scan and cut and cut out the scalloped circle twice, once round the sentiment and once a little larger from gold mirri card.

Enjoy the video - it's packed with techniques!




No comments:

Post a Comment